October 10th, 2012
The first batch of new music fresh on Royalty-free.tv this October is from Dan Phillipson, a composer from the north-west of England.
After studying contemporary music at university, Dan has spent the last few years creating great music for media. As a British writer, his music reflects the influences of some of the great British bands around at the moment.
The tracks we’re featuring this month are:
Through The Forest
Minute By Minute
The Garden Path
Long Ride Home
Click here to listen to Dan’s tracks.
April 20th, 2012
“Blues” is a new collection of royalty free music covering many styles of Blues music. From huge guitar solos played from the soul, to slide guitar with huge atmosphere, there’s also acoustic guitar blues and some excellent blues rock. In this age of keyboards, samples and beats, here’s one genre that can’t be faked, and where the guitar is still king. Free MP3 download previews and audio streams are free to enjoy on this page. All the tracks are available to download in broadcast-0quality WAV files, and as well as the main themes there are also many seamless loops, commercial-length edits included. As usual, our simple royalty-free license is available to make it quick and easy to use this music in your media projects.
Tracks featured in this collection include:
1. Strip Tease Blues: 52” Huge, smokin’ electric guitar plays outrageous blues solo, with band behind, pretty steamy and all you could hope for. Composer: Felipe Vassao Publisher: Felipe Vassao
2. Chi-Town Blue : 2′ 15″ Piano and blues band create a fun, bouncy vibe, electric guitar solo, brass stabs, very feel-good. Composer: Vincent Varco Publisher: Big Sound Music (ASCAP)
3. Blues Upon Blues : 6′ 10″ Slow, atmospheric slide-guitar blues solo over acoustic guitar accompaniment. Composer: Pat McCarthy (PRS) Publisher: Perfect Solution Music (BMI)
4. Dirty Biker Bar : 1′ 13” Big, confident blues rock, with chunky electric guitars, solid drums and a great rolling rhythm, road trips, big out-doors, travelling and living to the max. Composer: Felipe Vassao Publisher: Felipe Vassao
5. Hitting Rock Bottom: 1′ 52″ Laid back guitar blues, slide electric guitar over acoustic rhythm guitar, relaxed and mellow. Composer: Pat McCarthy (PRS) Publisher: Perfect Solution Music (BMI)
6. Red : 2′ 05″ American slide guitar acoustic blues, mid-paced drums, solid bass, electric guitar solo in middle section. Composer: Vincent Varco Publisher: Big Sound Music (ASCAP)
7 Bottleneck Blues : 1′ 49″ Strong and steady bottleneck slide electric guitar blues for that American feel, dramatic and full of flavour. Composer: Gavin Courtie (PRS) / Liz Radford (PRS) Publisher: Notepad Music PRS (UK)
8 Blew It : 2′ 31″ Self assured melodic blues guitar rock, warm and strong. Composer: Gavin Courtie (PRS) / Liz Radford (PRS) Publisher: Notepad Music PRS (UK)
9 Boogie-Man : 2′ 04″ A cheerful, sassy little blues shuffle with electric guitars, drums and bass, positive feel. Composer: Gavin Courtie (PRS) / Liz Radford (PRS) Publisher: Notepad Music PRS (UK)
10 Feel Blue : 2′ 02″ Chilled American night music, mute trumpet meanders softly over a solid drum groove with warm electric piano. Composer: Dynamedion Publisher: Dynamedion GbR
April 20th, 2012
This collection of royalty free “Late-Night Jazz ” music is cool and easy, sometimes playful and mellow, always classy every time. From acoustic guitar tracks, to classic piano/bass/drum jazz trios, plus some chilled grooves with a fender rhodes electric piano, every single track sets an instant mood. Each track is available to listen in full on this page, you can also download free MP3 preview versions if you’d like to “try out” the music in your media project to see how well it works.
The Late-Night Jazz collection is broadcast quality WAV files, ready to download, plus the ten main themes have a variety of commercial-length edits (30 second versions for TV and radio adverts), stings and seamless loops perfect for games or Flash movies.
Featured tracks are:
1. Orange Launch : 2′ 03″ Slow, late night easy listening with electric piano and trumpet mellow solos. Composer: Dynamedion Publisher: Dynamedion GbR
2. The View From Oxo : 2′ 47″ Peaceful jazz acoustic guitar track, relaxed and restful melody over gentle chord progressions. Composer: The Futz Butler Publisher: Paul Sumpter PRS(UK)
3. Feel Blue : 2′ 02″ Chilled American night music, mute trumpet meanders softly over a solid drum groove with warm electric piano. Composer: Dynamedion Publisher: Dynamedion GbR
4. The Emu : 4′ 08” Playful, easy jazz track about a bird that can’t fly, featuring piano, electric piano, guitar, bass and drums. Composer: William Peklinsky aka Skip Peck BMI Publisher: Skip Peck Music BMI
5. Remembering You : 6′ 11” Slow, classic late night jazz, with piano, acoustic guitar, bass and drums. Composer: William Peklinsky aka Skip Peck BMI Publisher: Skip Peck Music BMI
6. It Takes Two : 4′ 08″ Mellow, flowing mid-paced jazz guitars, warm electric solos over cycling acoustic chords, relaxed and light Composer: Pat McCarthy (PRS) / Steve Miller (BMI) Publisher: Perfect Solution Music (BMI)
7. Brasil : 5′ 41” Brazil meets chillout, smooth and dreamy textures over latin rhythms, with live latino drums, fender rhodes piano, double bass and loads of sunshine. Composer: Jacek Dojwa Publisher: Jacek Dojwa
8. Ashes Fell Like Snow : 3′ 50” Melancholy and rueful piano with vibes, grief and regret, mourning and remembering. Composer: William Peklinsky aka Skip Peck BMI Publisher: Skip Peck Music BMI
9. Tears In The Rain : 1′ 37″ Mellow, relective night-time mood with warm keys, mouth organ, strings and chilled electric guitar chords. Composer: Simon Wolfe PRS(UK) Publisher: Simon Wolfe PRS(UK)
10. Easy : 4′ 40” Meditative piano with acoustic guitar and light drums, gentle air of relaxation and reflection. Composer: William Peklinsky aka Skip Peck BMI Publisher: Skip Peck Music BMI
April 12th, 2012
What actually is the law about copyright and using music? We’re often asked this by people who want to use some music in their new project, but aren’t too sure about copyright law. It could be for a youtube video, a new website, a podcast or a TV show, but the important thing is that they want to use music without any legal issues. We’ve put together an article covering the basics (and a lot of the detail!) on music copyright law, to help you make the right choices when adding music to your project. We’ve used our experience from years in the music business, to simply show what the law actually is, and how to make sure you stay legal 🙂
The article is here: Music Copyright And The Law
April 5th, 2012
This great collection of royalty free production music is fast, furious and energetic! From riffing rock, to crunching guitars, via high-energy synths, everything designed for High Speed Action sequences. From movies to computer games, flash on a website or a youtube movie, all the music on “High Speed Action” is designed to work effortlessly with action-packed visuals, to heighten emotion and bring extra excitement to your audiovisual production.
This collection is broadcast quality WAV files ready to download, and the ten main themes also have a wide variety of commercial-length edits (30 second versions for TV and radio adverts), stings and seamless loops perfect for games or Flash movies. You can listen to full-length previews of every track, and download free MP3 preview versions, at http://www.royalty-free.tv/royalty-free-music-cd/rfcd0148.php
The tracks featured in “High Speed Action” are:
1. Splash And Spill : 2’01” Fast and furious hard rock, great riffs, exciting feel, crazy guitar solo over. Composer: Dynamedion Publisher: Dynamedion GbR
2. Speed Action : 1′ 58” Tense, energetic rock suiting racing, speed and aggression, all action and excitement for sports and gaming. Composer: Dynamedion Publisher: Dynamedion GbR
3. Disturbed Skater : 1′ 58” Dark, menacing metal, killer guitar riffs and sinister synth melodies, after a softer verse the track explodes into a powerful chorus, written for a maniac skater, recommended track for extreme sports. Composer: Michele Vanni Publisher: Michele Vanni
4. SUV : 3′ 04” A powerful rocker with an edgy intro and a killer guitar riff, the guitar melody lends it a positive feeling of speed and power, great for racing, cars and bikes and all things engine. Composer: Michele Vanni Publisher: Michele Vanni
5. Endangered : 2′ 36″ Fast, energetic action, sudden crunchy guitars with synth loops and driving drum rhythms. Composer: Dynamedion Publisher: Dynamedion GbR
6. Exertion : 1′ 59″ Hi-energy synthy dance groove, wide and exciting, futuristic feel for action, drama, adventure. Composer: Stephen William Cornish (PRS) Publisher: Perfect Solution Music (BMI)
7. Thrillseeker : 3′ 52” High energy electronic techno/trance with guitars added for extra punch, determined, confident, strong and upbeat for sport, action, racing, or any high intensity material. Composer: Bjorn Lynne PRS(UK) Publisher: Bjorn Lynne PRS(UK)
8. Stringed Groove : 2′ 09″ Action rock track, fast paced guitars and driving drums, thrills and spills and teens. Composer: Dynamedion Publisher: Dynamedion GbR
9. Leftified : 2′ 16″ Fast and energetic blend of guitar, synth and loops over lively drum loops and scratches, fun in a full-on way. Composer: Gavin Courtie (PRS) / Liz Radford (PRS) Publisher: Notepad Music PRS (UK)
10. L For Leather : 3′ 28″ Driving electric guitars for riding bikes and driving cars, all-action daredevil racers and screaming tyres. Composer: Gavin Courtie (PRS) / Liz Radford (PRS)
Publisher: Notepad Music PRS (UK)
December 16th, 2011
This royalty free music collection is packed full of 50 loops, all based on the theme “Fun!” . Happy and fun, each music track will bring a smile 🙂
These WAV loops are designed to loop seamlessly from the end to the start to make continuous music, so they are perfect to use in Flash on a website, also for advertising and media presentations.
Every loops is available to listen, and download a free mp3 preview, at http://www.royalty-free.tv/royalty-free-music-cd/rfcd0230.php
October 21st, 2011
We’ve recently added more payment options to our royalty free music library, to make it easier than ever for our clients to pay quickly and securely as they download their music. When we launched our website back in 2003 we partnered with Worldpay, one of Europe’s largest internet payment processors to handle the payments on our site. Now we’ve also added Paypal as a quick and easy payment option. By having two payment providers, we can help our clients choose more card options when they pay, as well as using a Paypal account.
Paypal is a safe, fast, secure way to pay online – your financial details are never shared. Millions of websites and 100’s of millions of customers worldwide use Paypal, so we’re happy to join that list and add this payment facility for our customers.
Worldpay is one of Europe’s largest internet payment providers, is number 1 in the UK, averaging 12 million payment transactions every day. Through them our clients can make payments using Visa, Mastercard, American Express plus many others.
October 14th, 2011
Dance 2, a new collection of royalty free music for media, pre-licensed and ready to download and use in media projects. Dance 2 features ten more driving dance tracks, with styles from fast and aggressive to more funky grooves, all packed with fresh, positive energy. Together with commercial-length edits and underscores, all the tracks on Dance 2 can be previewed in full length at http://www.royalty-free.tv/royalty-free-music-cd/rfcd0147.php, or click the album cover to listen.
Featured Royalty Free Dance Music on “Dance 2” includes…
1. I Want Your Everything : 3’ 31” Anthemic and strong Ibiza-style dance club track, hypnotic deep rhythms with synth riffs, occasional vocals “I want everything”, great for Euro-dance. Composer: Spencer Doane PRS(UK) Publisher: Spencer Doane PRS(UK)
2. Muted : 2’ 23” Dance, hard and muted start opens out into groovy tunes, solid dance beat with a synth riff and a little funky electric guitar. Composer: Dynamedion Publisher: Dynamedion GbR
3. Replay : 2’ 46” Chilled dance muted groove with funky flute melody, up-tempo but mellow throughout. Composer: Dynamedion Publisher: Dynamedion GbR
4. Dance Mode : 2’ 00” Fast, aggressive electronic groove with energetic drums and rhythms, dark and trashy. Composer: Vincent Varco Publisher: Big Sound Music (ASCAP)
5. Electrify : 1’ 52” Strong, rhythmic dance track with slightly disco drum rhythms and funky guitar and keyboard textures, positive and energetic. Composer: Dynamedion Publisher: Dynamedion GbR
6. Charty : 3’ 36” Persistant heavy dance drum machine rhythms under light synth textures, very sure and solid, occasional vocal samples. Composer: Spencer Doane PRS(UK) Publisher: Spencer Doane PRS(UK)
7. Calypsomania : 4’ 28” UK dance groove, drum machine rhythms and light warm keyboards with light vocal samples saying “United Kingdom”, cool groove. Composer: Spencer Doane PRS(UK) Publisher: Spencer Doane PRS(UK)
8. Bounce : 5’ 13” Electronica meets dance, with vocal “this machine will have eyes, ears and a voice” suggestive of robots, technology, science. Composer: Spencer Doane PRS(UK) Publisher: Spencer Doane PRS(UK)
9. Disco Party : 5’ 01” Intense and harsh dance, insistant drums with cold, cycling house piano riff over, occasional distant vocal sample. Composer: Spencer Doane PRS(UK) Publisher: Spencer Doane PRS(UK)
10. Accelerator : 4’ 13” Dance groove for action or tension, pacey rhythms with driving electric guitar and fresh, funky synths. Composer: Bjorn Lynne PRS(UK) Publisher: Bjorn Lynne PRS (UK)
October 7th, 2011
What Can I Use Royalty Free Music For?
That’s a question we get asked many times, and we’re always happy to confirm how it’s OK to use our royalty free music 🙂 All the examples given here of how to use royalty free music are included in our licenses at www.royalty-free.tv.
Using Royalty Free Music
Royalty free music is designed to be used as background music. The technical term for this is “synchronised”, which simply means the music is synchronised in time with another media, for example pictures.
Typical uses for royalty free music are:
- TV shows and commercials
- Radio Productions – for example commercials, beds for voiceovers
- Film / Movie for theatrical release
- In software, physical or downloadable. For example, computer game.
- Corporate video, DVD, trade show, training videos, presentations.
- Shareware / Freeware games
- Music On Hold – telephone system
- Online video – streamed via hosting sites such as youtube etc.
- Podcast – background music for voiceover, introduction theme tune etc.
- Student film and film festivals
- Educational uses (school projects etc. not for sale)
Royalty Free Music Licensing
It’s usual for the permission (license) to be made out to you as the producer or maker of the media project. This means it’s for you to use in your project, but you can’t re-sell the music to someone else. Of course, selling your project (movie, game etc.) is fine, that’s how royalty free music is designed to help you, by keeping your costs down.
For full details of what a royalty free music license covers, you can find ours at http://www.royalty-free.tv/rftv/royalty_free_music_license.htm. It’s a legal document, but it’s easy to read and understand, written in plain terms. It’s worth checking out 🙂
We have over 8000 royalty free music files available to download at www.Royalty-Free.tv, used by media producers worldwide.
October 1st, 2011
Techno & Trance royalty free music, a collection of ten tracks pre-licensed for media projects and ready to download and use. This collection includes ten strong, high energy tracks, with insistent and exciting rhythms plus confident and hypnotic synth grooves. Tecno & Trance is available to listen at http://www.royalty-free.tv/royalty-free-music-cd/rfcd0146.php where you can hear every track (full length) plus the various edits and underscores that are included with them. Click the picture to go listen 🙂
Featured tracks on “Techno & Trance” include…
1. Call To Ancestors 5’ 52” : Techno trance with unrelenting energy, solid beats with synth rhythms, exciting and determined. Composer: Bjorn Lynne PRS(UK). Publisher: Bjorn Lynne PRS (UK)
2. Thrillseeker : 3’ 52” High energy electronic techno/trance with guitars added for extra punch, determined, confident, strong and upbeat. Composer: Bjorn Lynne PRS(UK)
Publisher: Bjorn Lynne PRS(UK)
3. Trailblazer 5’ 44” : Strong, confident techno trance, really positive and exciting feel. Composer: Bjorn Lynne PRS(UK). Publisher: Bjorn Lynne PRS (UK)
4. Mania : 2’ 32” Fresh techno track, loads of energy, positive feel, teen and youth culture, dancing, clubbing, parties. Composer: Jonathan Atkinson (PRS) Publisher: Jonathan Atkinson (PRS UK)
5. Space Precinct : 4’ 44” Tense and exciting techno-trance with added crunchy rock guitar for extra bite, synth bass groove and driving techno drums, analogue synth sequences and soaring guitar notes. Composer: Bjorn Lynne PRS(UK) Publisher: Bjorn Lynne PRS(UK)
6. Adrenalin Junky : 2’ 01” Fast, energetic techno, insistent and hypnotic, clubs, dancing and young people. Composer: Jonathan Atkinson (PRS). Publisher: Jonathan Atkinson (PRS UK)
7. The Extract : 6’ 37” Positive techno-trance with forward drive, distorted synths, sub-bass, squelching analogue leads and a strong, relentless trance groove. Composer: Bjorn Lynne PRS(UK) Publisher: Bjorn Lynne PRS(UK)
8. Almost Live : 2’ 33” Strong, lively techno track, hard synth stabs over progressive drum and bass. Composer: Vernon Woodward Publisher: Vernon Woodward (PRS UK)
9. Here I Come : 2’ 04” Aggressive, exciting techno-driven rock, positive synths with solid, crunchy electric guitar. Composer: Dynamedion Publisher: Dynamedion GbR
10. Crossing Over : 5’ 48” Cool, dark techno trance, inspiring and positive, synths and sub bass with strong impacts. Composer: Bjorn Lynne PRS(UK) Publisher: Bjorn Lynne PRS (UK)